Rio De Janeiro Has ‘Biggest Concentration Of Billion Dollars In Investment Per Square Kilometer’
A recent investment study by FIRJAN of Brazil’s Rio de Janeiro found that the area is about to experience a massive influx business investment, one that could rival any other place in the world in terms of dollars per square kilometer.
Although the Olympics will obviously make a large contribution to the economy, it is not the main investor. Reports show that Rio will be driven by Petrobas investment.
The New York Times states: An August 2009 study, “Decision: Rio Investments 2010-2012,” published by the Rio de Janeiro State Federation of Industries, predicted that public and private investment would pump $60.3 billion into the state over the next three years, not counting the additional $14.2 billion budgeted for the 2016 Olympic Games.
“I would dare to say that, probably, we have the biggest concentration of billion dollars in investment per square kilometer in the world,” said Cristiano Prado, the author of the industry federation’s study. “And more will come together with the Olympic Games in the next years.”
If you are relocating to Rio as a result of a business investment and the growing economy, contact Rent in Rio to make your transition to life in Rio a comfortable and enjoyable one and find you an apartment you love.
More Oil Off the Coast of Brazil
Brazilian oil and gas company OGX Petroleo e Gas Participacoes SA (OGXP3.BR) went three-for-three in its drilling campaign Thursday, with another well showing signs of hydrocarbons off Brazil’s coast.
The independent driller said that its 1-OGX-2-RJS well in the BM-C-41 block showed the presence of hydrocarbons. That was OGX’s third discovery since October, a stunning success rate for an oil company that was started from scratch in 2006.
“This new evidence of hydrocarbons confirms the existence of an active prolific system in this area, and contributes to a better understanding of the geological attributes of the region,” OGX CEO Paulo Mendonca said in a statement.
Thursday’s discovery was OGX’s second successful well drilled in the Campos Basin, where more than 85% of Brazil’s crude oil is produced.
In October, the Ocean Ambassador rig was responsible for finding the Vesuvio prospect. Consultants earlier this week pegged recoverable reserves at Vesuvio to be about 1.4 billion barrels of oil equivalent.
Vesuvio lies in the BM-C-43 block, but at shallower depths. The Ocean Ambassador rig operated in 140 meters of water at Vesuvio but the final well depth was 2,347 meters.
OGX also holds a 100% stake in the BM-C-43 block.
Also in October, OGX said its first-ever well tested positive for hydrocarbons. The 1-MRK-2-SPS well, dubbed Abacate-1, is in the BM-S-29 block.
The BM-S-29 block lies in the promising Santos Basin, off the coast of Rio de Janeiro and Sao Paulo states. Nearby blocks have recently yielded discoveries that have increased positive expectations for OGX’s drilling.
OGX holds a 65% interest in the BM-S-29 block, with partner and block operator Maersk Oil do Brasil Ltda. holding the remaining 35%.
The company’s bright outlook has caused it to review previous plans with an eye toward accelerating its already aggressive drilling campaign.
Earlier this week, OGX CFO Marcelo Torres said that the company will drill 79 wells over the next four years, up from previous plans for 51 wells. In 2010, OGX will drill 27 wells. Some 26 wells will be drilled offshore, with a single onshore well planned for recently acquired concessions in the Parnaiba Basin.
Search Engine Optimization and SEO Tools